Philadelphia: Germany Foreign Policy: Coping with Domestic and International Challenges
May 1 @ 11:45 am - 1:30 pm EDT
The Philadelphia Warburg Chapter and the German American Chamber of Commerce, Philadelphia will host a discussion and luncheon with Professor Hannes Adomeit.
There will be a $10 charge for ACG and GACC members and a $15 charge for nonmembers to attend this event. For questions, please contact Lauren Konyves via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (215) 772-7257. RSVP here by April 28.
Professor Hannes Adomeit was most recently a Bosch Public Policy Fellow at the Transatlantic Academy in Washington, DC, writing a paper on German-Russian relations under Merkel and Putin. Until 2014, he was Professor for Russian and European Studies at the Warsaw campus of the College of Europe. Prior to that, he was a Research Associate and head of the research section on Russia, Eastern Europe, and the Caucasus at the German Institute for International and Security Affairs in Berlin. His academic degrees include, in Germany, an M.A. in Political Science from the Freie Universität in Berlin and, in the United States, an M.A. degree in International Relations, a Certificate in Russian Studies, and a Ph.D. with distinction, all from Columbia University in New York City. In the past, he also held teaching and/or research positions at institutions in several countries, including the International Institute for Strategic Studies in London, the Royal Military College of Canada, and the Rand Corporation in Santa Monica, California. From 1989 to 1997, he was Professor of International Politics and Director of the Program on Russia and East-Central Europe at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy in Boston as well as a Fellow at the Harvard Russian Research Center. He has written many articles in academic journals and books, including Imperial Overstretch: Germany in Soviet Policy from Stalin to Gorbachev: An Analysis Based on New Archival Evidence, Memoirs, and Interviews. He was was born in 1942 in Memel, East Prussia, now Klaipeda, Lithuania.